Tuesday, December 7, 2010

McGuiness / McSorley's

I've recently moved back to the Rochester Area and have been introduced to several great things. First I'd like to mention a new Pub called McGuiness. It's located in Penfield in Panaroma Plaza. They have a small menu but a lot of the food is made with Guinness. The baked potato soup with bacon was delicious. A bargain at 4 dollars. It's served in a giant bread bowl. The food isn't the reason I wanted to post. The reason I wanted to post was because they have tables called Brewmaster tables, these are tables that are equipped with taps. It's a great idea as long as you don't kick the keg (kegs are stored in a the base of the table).

Another reason I wanted to post was because of a new to me beer. At McGuiness, I had been introduced to McSorley's. I had never heard of it until then (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McSorley%27s_Old_Ale_House). They serve McSorley's Light on draft, which was delicious.

I was at Wegmans last weekend and I came across McSorley's Black Irish Lager (McSorley's Dark). I picked up a 6 pack and to my surprise I fell in love at first sip. It had a nice smooth flavor that left me wanting more.

If you can go out and grab a 6 pack of McSorley's!

2 comments:

  1. I think that McGuiness is the best bar in the area and the table with Guiness and McSorley's on the taps is the best table in the joint. Next time we go we need to take charge of that table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any table with a tap in the center is a good place in my book.

    ReplyDelete